Thursday, 14 January 2016

Not knowing your true self

I sat down and asked myself What do you truly like or love? What do you want from life? And I couldn't answer... All I had to list was greek style yoghurt. Five minutes later I finally listed 'being a mother'.

I wanted to cry. In fact I still want to cry. Why could I only list two things and why didn't I think of 'being a mother' first?

Why? Why couldn't I answer my own question about my own life?



Because I do not actually know my true self. Sounds silly because I LOVE being a mother and my life revolves around Mya. But deep down I'm much more than just a mother. I'm a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a niece, a cousin, an aunty, a partner, a friend... The list goes on. Most importantly I'm a human being! A Mumma who tries on a journey of self love and self discovery.

I find myself constantly wishing for things to change and always praying. Through reading different quotes I've now realised things are not happening because I don't truly believe it will happen. This needs to change. I need to focus on the law of attraction!

As quoted in the Bible from Mathew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you". Just like in 'The Secret' Ask, believe, receive!



All of this relates to finding my true self. It's not going to happen straight away and not going to be plain sailing. I'll have to overcome many obstacles and most importantly to stay guided. A step I am going to take to find my true self is through meditation.

Meditating helps to bring peace and can help my life become more meaningful. It is the art of silencing the mind. Concentration levels are increased and you are able to experience inner peace.

What I hope to achieve from meditation?

1. Improved concentration
2. Better health 
3. Knowledge of self

Through meditation I hope to gain a better understanding of my life's purpose and through this finding my true self.

Mumma who tries x

No comments:

Post a Comment